如何用英語說“爭取時間”?
你知道如何用英語說“爭取時間”嗎?其實是個很簡單的詞哦。一起來看看《金裝律師》的這個片段吧。
?
對話原文
?
You couldn't do it.
你做不到
I didn't do it.
我沒做
You got overwhelmed with a wave of emoition you didn't see coming.
對他的感情突然襲來 排山倒海
You cried, and you let him stay.
你哭著讓他留下來
No. I thought of the amount of work I would have to go through to replace him and decided against it.
我想到了炒了他還得費事再找人替他 所以決定留下他了
Did you see the amount of work through a pool of tears?
你想到這些的時候是不是淚眼婆娑
Are you finished?
你說完沒有
Can I get you anything? Tissue? Glass of water? Tampon?
要我給你拿點什么嗎 紙巾 水 還是衛(wèi)生巾
Okay, wait a second.
等一下
You listen to all my private conversations.
你偷聽我所有的私人會話
So?This time you didn't.
那又怎樣 這次沒有
Yeah, I was busy.
我很忙
Busy?
忙嗎
That's what you're going with?
這就是你的借口嗎
Very busy.
非常忙?
You didn't listen because you couldn't listen.
你沒聽是因為你不敢聽
Because you were too overwhelmed with emotion.
感情排山倒海而來的是你
I am not the topic of conversation here.
我不是事件的主角
Can I get you anything? Tissue? Water?
要我給你拿點什么嗎 紙巾 水
I got it. Harvey, you said if you didn't fire him, Jessica would.
我明白了 哈維 你說了你不炒他 杰西卡也會
What are you gonna do?
你準備怎么辦
Buy us some time.
爭取時間
If you didn't tell him anything, why was he so dazed when he walked out of here?
如果你什么都沒說 他怎么像丟了魂一樣
I told him I was proud of him.
我說我為他驕傲
?
今日重點:
壓倒,(情感)淹沒:overwhelm。形容詞overwhelmed,不知所措的;overwhelming,壓倒性的,勢不可擋的
經受,仔細檢查:go through
一池……:a pool of
私人會話:private conversation
炒魷魚:fire sb
爭取時間:buy?time
頭昏的,茫然的:dazed
?
?
想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號