?

M:May I use your telephone ,George?

喬治,我能用你的電話嗎?

G:Certaily.Just dial zero first and then the number you want.

當然,只要先撥“0”再撥你要的號碼。

M:Thanks.

謝謝。

Telephone Girl: Pacific Trading Company. May I help you?

總機小姐:太平洋貿易公司,我能效勞嗎?

M:This is Mr. Tian speaking. Could you connect me with Mr. Brown?

我是田先生,你能轉給布朗先生嗎?

T:Certainly,sir.Will you hold the line a moment?

當然,先生,請稍后好嗎?

M:Yes,of course.

是的,當然可以。

T:Mr.Brown is on the line, sir.

布朗先生電話已接好了,先生。

M:Hello.Mr.Brown?

喂,布朗先生嗎?

B:Yes,Mr.Tian?I was waiting for your call all morning.

是的,田先生嗎?我整個上午都在等你的電話。

M:I'm so sorry, Mr. Brown.I was out at one of our construction sites and couldn't call you.

抱歉,布朗先生,我外出到我們的一個工地無法打電話給你。

B:Now,let me see....Could you come to my office at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon? I'd like to discuss a few things with you then.

現在,我看看……你明天下午2點能不能來我辦公室?我想到時和你討論一些事情。

M:Of course Mr. Brown. I'll be going out to another construction site tomorrow morning, so I won't be in office until noon.

當然可以,布朗先生,明天上午我會在另一個工地,所以中午以前我不會在辦公室,

If by any chance you wish to get in touch with me, could you please leave a message with my secretary?

如果萬一你想和我聯絡,請留言給我的秘書好嗎?

B:Yes,I'll do that. At any rate I'll see you here at 2 o'clock tomorrow.

是的,我會的,不管怎樣明天2點在這里和你見面。

A:I'll be there without fail. Goodbye, Mr. Brown.

我一定到,再見,布朗先生。

B:Goodbye,Mr.Tian.

再見,田先生。

G:All through?

講完了嗎?

M:Yes,thanks.

是的,謝謝。

G:Say,how about coming home with me for dinner?

嘿,和我一道回家吃晚飯如何?

M:But it would be so much trouble for Helen.

但會給海倫添很多麻煩。

G:Oh,my wife wouldn't mind. I'll call her and tell her you're coming.

哦,我太太不會介意的,我打電話給她,告訴她你要來。

M:Well,if you insist.

好吧,如果你堅持的話。