Courage
勇氣

One of my favorite movies growing up was The Wizard of OZ.
從小到大一直以來,我最喜歡的電影之一是《綠野仙蹤》。

Did you ever see it?
你曾經看過這部電影嗎?

In Dorothy's adventures, she was accompanied by theTin Man,who wanted a heart,
在多蘿西的冒險故事中, 陪伴著她的是想要一顆心的鐵皮人,

the Scarecrow,who wanted a brain,
想要大腦的稻草人,

the Lion,who wanted courage,and her faithful dog Toto.
想要勇氣的獅子,還有她的忠實的狗托托。

At certain times in my life,I could relate to each of those characters,
在我的生命中的特定時候,我可以聯(lián)系到書里的每個人物,

I think we all can,
我想我們都可以,

In fact, that’s probably one of the reasons why the movies are so popular.
事實上,這可能就是為什么這些電影如此大獲成功的原因之一,

Sometimes we lack something.
有時候我們缺少一些東西。

Often it's courage.
通常它就是勇氣。

Because we interact with people all day and we are often forced to be more public' than we'd like.
因為我們每天與人打交道,我們經常被迫比我們想的更為公開。

well,we have to muster our courage and perform in front of others,
嗯,我們必須鼓起勇氣在別人面前表現,

It could be a job interview. it could be a presentation,
它可能是一次工作面試。它可能是一次演講,

or it could be standing in front of a group and simply introducing yourself.
或者,這也可能是站在一群人面前,進行簡單的自我介紹。

I think some people are naturally courageous.?
我想有些人天生就是勇氣非凡。

They are great at public speaking,
他們非常善于演講,

They don't seem to get too nervous,
他們似乎不太緊張,

Others... well, just the thought of speaking in front of others causes them to get butterflies... to break out in a sweat, ...to start stuttering why is that?
而別人……嗯,只是想在人面前說話……就使他們感到緊張,開始汗流浹背,開始結巴,那是為什么?