有聲雙語美文:付出愛,就會收獲愛
作者:Mike Nieman
2020-06-14 07:00
?
Several years ago, I was deploying overseas so I decided to leave my black cat Larry with my mother.
幾年前,我要被調配到海外工作,所以我決定把我的黑貓拉瑞托付給我媽。
It was hard. Because I love my cat so much. I couldn't imagine living without him.
這真的很難。因為我太愛我的貓了。我沒有辦法想象沒有他在身邊的日子。
But I had to do that.
但我必須那么做。
Plus, my?mother had been feeling alone lately, and I hoped he would change that.
另外,當時我媽挺孤獨的,所以我希望拉瑞能夠帶來一點改變。
Those days were difficult, because Larry was already like a son to me.
那段時間真的很艱難,因為拉瑞對我來說已經像個兒子一樣了。
I asked mother to share video of Larry online as frequently as possible.
我讓我媽盡可能地多在網上分享一些拉瑞的視頻。
After two years, I was ready to get him back.
2年之后,我已經準備好把他接回來了。
Before I could do that, I got a call from my mother.
但在我這么做之前,我卻接到了媽媽的一通電話。
She said she had fallen asleep earlier and woke up to him on her chest, meowing and pushing her face.
她說她本來睡著了,但卻被拉瑞弄醒了,他坐在我媽胸口上,不停地喵喵叫、不停地推她的臉。
He had never done that before.
他以前從來沒有這么干過。
She smelled something funny, jumped out of bed, and found the kitchen on fire.
而這時我媽聞到了奇怪的味道,她急忙跳下床,然后發(fā)現廚房已經著火了。
Oh God, my mom is alive because of Larry. He had been protecting us in his way. He really sees us as his family.
天啊,我媽能活下來完全是因為拉瑞。原來他一直在用他的方式保護著我們。他真的把我們當成了他的家人。
I guess this is what love is. It doesn't matter whether you are a human or a cat. You give love and you get love.
我猜這就是愛的本質吧。不管你是人還是貓,都是如此。你付出愛,就會收獲愛。
And I know that Larry loves us, just like we love him.
而我知道拉瑞是愛我們的,就像我們愛他一樣。
Oh, by the way, he’s my mother's now. She just couldn't leave Larry after that.
啊,對了,他現在已經是我媽的了。自從那件事以后,我媽就離不開拉瑞了。
And I'm totally OK with it.
而我完全不介意。
?
(翻譯:能貓)