地道英語表達“大吃一驚”(下)
來源:國際在線
2014-05-23 16:19
1. He was stunned by the news of her death.
聽到她的死訊,他很震驚。
2. I was struck dumb with fear.
我嚇得說不出話來。
3. He was paralyzed with terror.
他嚇呆了。
4. My jaw dropped when I see how much the meal have cost.
看到那頓飯要花這么多錢,我大吃一驚。
5. I was awestruck that anyone could be so beautiful.
我很驚奇居然有那么漂亮的人。
6. They watched it with mouth wide open.
他們目瞪口呆地看著。
7. He gaped at the girl for a few seconds.
他目瞪口呆,盯了那女孩一會兒。
8. It's beyond me why Mary wants to marry John!
我覺得很意外,瑪麗竟然愿意嫁給約翰。
9. When I heard the name of the winner, you could have knocked me down with a feather.
聽到獲勝者的名字,我大吃一驚。
10. Her death was a bolt from the blue to him.
她的死訊對他來說無異于晴天霹靂。