很多人到了夏天喜歡穿人字拖,那你知道它的英文是什么嗎?先來看看《極品老媽》的這個片段吧。

對話原文

?

Adam said he's dating someone else.

亞當說他在和別人約會?

Why would you tell me that?

你為什么告訴我這個?

Because I don't keep secrets from you.

因為我從不瞞著你?

You didn't tell me who my dad was till I was 36.

你到我36歲才告訴我我生父是誰?

That's when I learned my lesson.

我就是那時學到的教訓?

I don't believe this.

難以置信?

Where did he meet her?

他在哪遇見她的?

No. No, no. Don't tell me.

不不不 別告訴我?

Where did he meet her?

他在哪遇見她的?

At a yoga class.

瑜伽課上?

I said don't tell me.

我說了別告訴我?

To be fair, you were a little flippy-floppy.

公平地說 你確實有點反復無常?

I truly didn't think it would bother you.

我真沒想到你會介意

Of course not because you don't have normal human emotions.

你當然沒想到 以為你沒有正常感情

?

?

今日重點:

?

與某人約會:date sb

保守秘密:keep secret

瑜伽:yoga

說句公道話:to be fair

反復:flippy-floppy,口語說法。而flip-flops就是“人字拖”。flip表示“翻轉”,flop表示“下落”

人類情感:human emotion

?

想看完整視頻,請關注【滬江英語】公眾號